Rooks County, Kansas
Rooks County is located in Northwest Kansas halfway between Denver
and Kansas City at the eastern edge of the Great Plains. The county’s
approximate 5,200 people enjoy a quality of life that is attractive to people
seeking a simpler way of life.
The citizens of Rooks County retain the hard-working, pioneering spirit that characterized their ancestors,
and at the same time, look to the future with a progressive attitude and a vision for the future.
Explore our website and discover what Rooks County has to offer. Click here to view the landscape
around Rooks County.
“If you haven’t seen Kansas, you haven’t seen America” — Garrison Keillor
Explore Rooks County
- Visit the Rural Kansas: Come and Get it! websites for Palco, Plainville, and Stockton
- 8 Wonders of Rooks County
- High Style on the prairie
Looking to start a business in Rooks County?
- Kansas Business Center: Simple Steps for Success
(This website lead you through planning, startup, and maintenance of a business)
- Incentives available to new businesses
- Rooks County has Fiber to the Premises (FTTP). Talk to us about your
- Rural Kansas is good for business
- How to Make a Killing in Small Town America: Tips to get started
- Rural Opportunity Zone program offers financial incentives to out-of-state residents, college graduates.
Click here to read more.
- New businesses continue to open in Rooks County